- Changes in Grant period
- The award funds are made available for the period of one year with the start date of July 1st. Awardees have the authority to incur costs prior to the start date of July 1 to coincide with the beginning of Summer appointment terms, if needed.
- The end date of June 30 may be changed as a result of approval of a request for a no-cost extension. Extensions of up to 12 months can be requested. Extension may not be exercised merely for the purpose of using the unliquidated remaining balances. Funds remaining at the end of the project period will revert to CURA.
A request for a no-cost extension (NCE) should be submitted at least one month prior to the end of the current grant period. The extension request should include:
- a brief report outlining progress made towards achieving the originally proposed project goals;
- the reason why the extension is being requested and the length of the extension period being requested;
- an estimate of the unobligated funds remaining and a plan for their use. If there is a change in how the original budget is being used, please include the justification for the change;
- an updated work plan demonstrating how the originally proposed scope is going to be completed during the NCE period.
- Changes in Scope of Work (SOW) or Objectives
- Prior approval is required for significant changes in SOW or objectives. A letter explaining the reason why significant changes are needed and how these changes will help to reach the project goals is necessary. A revised budget aligned with the changes in scope should be provided.
- Should changes in your research project plan make it clear that you will not use all funds awarded, please notify our office as soon as possible.
- Changes in budget
- Re-budget of funds is allowable as long as there is no change in SOW or objectives.
- Acknowledgement of CURA funding Support and final report
- For the term of the appointment please add "Fesler-Lampert Chair of Urban and Regional Affairs" to one’s title.
- Please acknowledge the CURA funding support as appropriate in all publications that result from this funding support.
- A final report should be prepared and submitted to CURA to be published in the CURA Reporter at the completion of the award term that summarizes the work made possible by the support offered through the Chair.
Please submit your requests or questions to CURA Director Ed Goetz.