About Student Jobs Available through CURA
1. What types of jobs are available through CURA?
Most of the positions are paid internships with community groups, government agencies, or nonprofit organizations in Minnesota, and involve working directly with agency or organization staff on a designated project. The majority of these internships are one-quarter time appointments of one semester in length, although some appointments are for up to one year.
2. How do I search for jobs available through CURA?
- Go to the University’s Employment web page
- Choose “Search Postings” from the left-hand column
- In the “Position Category” field, choose either “Student–Graduate Assistants” (if you’re a graduate student) or “Student–On Campus” (if you’re an undergraduate student)
- In the “Campus Location” field, choose “Twin Cities”
- Hit “Search”
- Jobs available through CURA can be identified by looking for “Urban/Regional Affairs,Ctr for” in the Department column (note that departments are listed alphabetically, so you may need to advance to the next page of jobs to see those available through CURA)
3. How do I apply once I find a job that interests me?
Almost all of the positions available through CURA require students to apply for the job directly with the organization or agency offering the position. Application instructions are included with each job posting on the University's employment page. You can also apply online by scrolling to the bottom of the job posting and clicking on the “Apply for This Posting” button. In most cases, students will need to be available for an in-person interview with the organization or agency to be considered for the job.